Our final class assignment for SmART school was a cover for Buffy the Vampire comic series. I saw the tv series when I was younger and really liked it. Because Buffy isn't a character I would normally paint, I decided to have fun with it and push the colors as far as I could! Usually I stick more to local colors and focus on the overall concept. Here is the process I went through for the assignment:
Rough thumbnail sketches:
Final images with two color variations. The more realistic colored one (left) was my first pass, and then I used color adjustment on separate layers to create the blue/pink variant, which I think I actually like better than the red/green one!